Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Camping Packing List

Ok! It is the day before we leave to go camping. And sadly, I haven't made a packing list as of yet. (Uh-oh!) So I thought I would post my packing list here! On me blog!

Firstly, I should tell you a little about our trip. Usually, we take a 6 hour drive north to Fenske Lake, which is right next to the town, Ely. Ely is your typical tourist trap town-but they do have some great restaurants. I think they also have a shoe store where you can buy Birkenstock's, my favorite sandals!
While my family is at Fenske we have a wonderful time tent-camping.
Mikey usually goes fishing; he'll leave at 8 or 9 in the morning, come back for lunch, and then leave to go fishing again until supper. It's about all he does. But if he's happy, I'm ok with that. :)

Picture: Mikey, Katrina, and Uncle Earl leaving the shore to go fishing. 2009 Fenske Camping Trip.

I think my dad gets a kick out of being a "lumberjack." You know, out in the wilderness, chopping wood, and cooking steak in the fire pit. That's right. I said steaks. When we go camping we always have one night that we have steaks. Yum!

My mom just really enjoys being outdoors. She's been camping at Fenske since she was a little kid. But this year we're going to try something new! We're going camping at Cadotte Lake! It's also north of where we live, but it's only a 4 hour drive instead of the 6 hour drive to Fenske.

We've never been there before, but I think it will be pretty fun. Mom said that if we don't like it, we can just leave the campground and head off to Fenske. So no matter what, we'll have a good time. :)

I should really get back to my original job. The packing list. Things to note when I'm writing the list: we're leaving tomorrow (Monday) and we're going to be camping til Saturday (I think, either that or we're leaving Friday). That makes 6 days and 5 nights. Here goes:

Clothing:
2 shorts
3 pairs of jeans
1 Capri
1 sundress

2 or 3 tank tops
4 shirts
1 long sleeved shirt
1 sweatshirt
1 track jacket

Bandanna (If you don't have a shower-and most likely you don't have a blow drier-you're going to need something to cover up your wild hair)
Baseball cap

PJ's: sweatpants and shirt

7 pairs of socks
7 pairs of undies
4 "boulder holders"
1 belt
Tennis shoes-Asics and Nike
Birkenstock sandals
Flip Flops

Swimsuit

Bathroom:

Multivitamin
Calcium Chews
Face Wash
Toner (and cotton balls)
Moisturizer
Deodorant (even though you're going to smell like bug spray most of the time, you probably don't want to sweat horribly)
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Pony Tail Holders
"Feminine Products"
Body lotion
Hair brush
Nail Clipper (you'll never know when you'll get a hang nail or a sliver!)
Razors (bring 2 disposables: they can rust if kept in a humid climate after being used, and you might loose one)
Hand sanitizer (even if you have first class bathrooms where you're camping, you probably don't have first class bathroom users-stay clean!)
Lip Balm
Some basic makeup products-Cover up, eye shadow, blush

Electronics:
Cell phone
Phone charger
Ipod
Ipod charger
Headphones
DVD Player (for my younger siblings on the road)
DVD Player plug in
Kid DVDs-Disney and Curious George

Miscellaneous:
Notebook
Song Lyrics (for Arts In show)
Show Script
Pencils and Pens
Book to read (lots of free time in the woods)
Purse
Flashlight
Pillow
Sleeping Bag
David (my teddy bear :D)

*Don't use this list for all of your camping needs, as I am not the only one going on the trip- my mom is packing all of the other necessities*

So that's everything! I hope to write about my trip next week! Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment