Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Dear Family

Sorry bloggers-I know I haven't "blogged" for about a month, but it's been pretty crazy. Lots of work, little free time. But, on with my story.

Dear Family,

I love how you were so thoughtful in allowing me and my pregnant mother to bond. And even better-bond while watching six children! You knew that we would have better conversations if the rest of you weren't there, so it's perfectly understandable that you decided to give all of us some "alone time" by leaving for a Twins game at the new Target Field. All of you are so thoughtful!

Mom and I really appreciate the serentity of watching my two siblings and four cousins for the entire evening. You knew that we wouldn't want to do anything else. It brings tears to my eye when I think of how well you know us.

Thank you,
A

P.S. Next time, think about shooting your feet off before you even DARE consider doing this again.


Narration:

Sorry folks. If you haven't guessed it yet, my little "letter" is dripping with sarcasm. Here's the story behind it:

My dad's side of the family: his parents, his sister (my Aunt A), Aunt A's husband Uncle T, and their children; Andrew, H, B, A, and M, all came to our house.

Origionally, all of the male things, including two of my brothers and my dad, were supposed to have a guys night at the Twins game tonight.WELL, that plan changed rapidly. Without my mumzy or me knowing it. In the end, my grandma, Aunt A, and K (my sista), all joined the crew.

Everybody thought it would be a GREAT idea to make my mom and I stay at home with my sister E (7), brother E (5), and cousins H (3rd grade), B (2nd grade), A (4), and M (2).

The girls; E, H, B, and my brother E, play very well together and don't get into trouble. I hardly have to watch them unless they are in the pool. On the other hand, the two younger boys, A and M, are little terds. They are whiny, attention-grabbing, complaining, loud, obnoxious, and without boundries. Oh, not to mention A decided that he is afraid of our free-range chickens and refused to go outside for half the night.

Then, when we were all swimming, A and M decided that they were afraid of water and didn't want to go near the pool. (While I was watching the 6 kids swimming, my mom was going to have some quiet time to herself. That obviously didn't happen since I can't watch two stinkers while they are inside and I am outside with four kids.)

So in other words, they made my mom and I feel like we were in a living hell. It was just horrendous. I can't believe my dad would just tell all of our relatives that it is perfectly fine to dump 6 kids in our laps and leave. It's the next morning and I'm still pissed off. (Parden my language.)

So now it's Saturday. Origionally, my immediate family was supposed to leave for vacation today. We're going up north to camp out. But no. My dad thought it would be ok to NOT TELL MY MOM and let us have my grandpa's 60th birthday party at our house. And hey, why not invite his sister (my Aunt A) and her family along with my grandparents, to stay for the weekend? Mom won't mind! Smooth move exlax.

If it isn't quite obvious, my mom and I are sorely dissapointed at my dad for a) inviting everyone to stay at our house for 2 nights, b) dump us with 6 kids, and c) cut our vacation time by having a birthday party.

Not to mention that yesterday morning and early afternoon, while Mom was at a lab and midwife appointment and I was at work being a nanny, Dad thought that mowing the lawn was more important than cleaning the house. Mom had told him to clean the house. Can you tell that he takes good direction? Because, you know, we sleep and eat on the grass.

I know it seems like I'm harping on Dad a lot. But he should realize that a) you need to inform people of what is going on AT LEAST 2 weeks ahead of time, or better yet b) always consult your pregnant wife and 6 children before you do something completely stupid. Ok, so maybe what he did wasn't really stupid, but he should really check with the fam.

Oh, and to make matters worse, Dad and my grandpa are out GOLFING while the rest of us were cleaning the house this morning. THANKS POPS!

P.S. Bloggers, I hope to have a happier post next time. Sorry for all of the negativity. :-P

PEACE OUT SUCKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment