Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Believe....

In an Education course I had yesterday, we listed to a radio edit. On a radio show called "I Believe," a kindergartner, Tarak McLain shared 30 of his beliefs. His beliefs were for a special event in kindergarten, the 100th day of school. Most kids bring a hundred pennies or cotton balls. This boy brought a list of 100 beliefs.

At first I thought it was just a cute little diddly. But Tarak is a really deep kid. He has the capacity for understanding so many things that I never even imagined of in Kindergarten.

So, inspired by Tarak's list, I decided to make one of my own.

I Believe...

1.That as big as this universe is, and how little we may seem, God put us here for a reason.
 2.We should be able to walk down the sidewalk singing at the top of our lungs...and NOT get strange looks.
3.That the trust of a child should be our model.
4.I need to slow down. You know, smell the roses.
5.I have found the love of my life, my one and only.
6.Sadness and pain have a purpose.
7.The only valid role models should be Jesus and the saints.
8.We should understand that we're not perfect. We'll never be perfect.
9.That family should play a more important part in society than it does now.
10.That parents should play a key role in their childrens education.
11.A friend is one of the best gifts you can get.
12.Thunderstorms are the best kind of symphony.
13.We should hug more.
14.We wont be able to save the world from wars, because this world and the people in it are imperfect.
15.That doesn't mean we should stop trying.
16.True love does not mean "never having saying you're sorry."
17. True love is the exact opposite.
18. We should all stop being cosmopolitan and start focusing on family.
19.Teachers aren't thanked enough for the work they do.
20.In the arms of my man, I feel truly blessed and loved.

So yeah. There's my list. I hope you appreciate it. If you don't...sucks for you, I guess. :-)
Well, I must be going now. I have Education homework to tend to.

See ya, homies!
Alycia


No comments:

Post a Comment