Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dog Day

I just found out last night that my boyfriend's dog was put down. My boyfriend, Matt, found out minutes after I did, via his mom's facebook status. Matt didn't know about it because he's not living at home this summer. Matt is living near his college campus, working with the campus to clean up the dorm buildings.

Matt knew that Jasper was getting old, and that they would have to put him down sometime this summer. He had asked his mom, Julie, not to tell him when she was going to put Jasper down until later in the day, so that way Matt wouldn't have a cruddy day. But when we said goodnight via skype, I could tell Matt wasn't doing well.

I felt horrible because
a) I couldn't be there for him
b) I started crying before he did. My boyfriend loves his dogs, especially Jasper because Jasper has been with him through almost all of his hard times.
c) And he didn't feel like talking about it.

I know Matt didn't want to talk because (and he told me this) it's something he wants to do in person. So thank goodness he's coming to visit this weekend.

On a happier note, I just had my 19th birthday on Monday! :D And, for my birthday, Matt's going to take me to Ikea in the Twin Cities. I hope that will be a nice break for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment