Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Going back to School

Ok folks, here's the deal.

In less than a month I am going back to Saint Mary's University (aka SMU, pronounced smoo), for my sophmore year of college.

My freshman year was pretty good, excepting my roommate. I think it is a rule that everyone is supposed to have one bad roommate experience. But freshman year is over and done with, and I don't need to worry about that anymore. This year I am lucky enough to have a singles dorm. :D

But now I have to buy more things this year. Last year, I brought the mini fridge, the window fan, the rug... You get the picture. My roommate brought the microwave,coffee machine, TV, etc. As you can probably tell, now I have to replace all of those things that I didn't bring last year. For my birthday, my parents told me that they would buy me a microwave. Yay! Check one item off of the list.

In addition to those things that I need to buy because my roommate brought them last year, I also have to get a desk chair. The one I had brought to school last year, I had had for about 3 other years before that. It was a plastic swivle chair...and it broke. Oops! So now a desk chair is in the cards.

But my mom brought up an idea: instead of getting the classic desk-swivle chair, I could get an exercise ball. My mom is pregnant with her seventh child (I can't wait for the new sibling to arrive), and her midwife suggested that she get an exercise ball to support her back, abs, and relax her puffy feet. (Sorry Mom, I don't mean to insult you...but you have complained about your feet being puffy.)

I think it might be fun to have an exercise ball for my desk chair. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment