Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Bagels. :D

I completely forgot to post this!
Last month, after I got home from SMU, I spent one day making bagels. I must say that they were completely delish. If you don't believe me, ask my family.
Oh wait...
YOU CAN'T!
I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. And look at these pictures of my baking awesomeness!
Step 1: Mix the dough

Step 2: Let the dough rise

Step 3: Form dough into bagel-shapes. Step 4: Put bagel-shapes in boiling water (weird I know, but that's what makes them chewy!)

Step 5: Add desired toppings and bake

Step 6: Look at your delightful creation...and then consume in a fiery passion.
Awesome, huh? Yeah, I know you're impressed. Jk. :)
But to be honest, making bagels isn't all its cracked up to be. Sure, you get the satisfaction of eating your very own bagels (and basking in the glow of the fam's compliments). But on the flip side, you put over 3 hours of work to make only two dozen bagels.

No comments:

Post a Comment