Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Secrets

Secret #1:
If I could do anything, I would be an anthropologist. I wouldn't be studying to be a teacher. I would be studying cultures, languages, activities; things that separate and make similar different cultures. THAT'S my dream job. Not teaching.

Secret #2:
I just told secret #1 to my mom today. She changed the subject...to teaching. Secretly, I was crushed. What I wanted her to talk about was how I could be an anthropologist.

Secret #3:
I don't know if my boyfriend and I are meant to last. My close friends at college think we're cute together and that we'll be together forever. My friends at home don't really talk about my boyfriend unless they're teasing his "lack of manliness."
And then there's me.
I have no clue if we should get married in the future...or if I should not be with him and marry someone else.

Secret #4:
I want to travel the world. Which, if you know my small-town friends and family, you might find that hard to believe. I told my mom today that I would love to live in NYC for a year. The first thing she said was "Really?" and the second thing she said was "Ewww." Great confidence booster, Mom.

Can someone, anyone tell me what I should do? God? I know You're there. Please, tell me what career I should take, if my mom is right or not, or if I'm meant to marry Matt or somebody else.

I feel so lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment